Jamestown has many strong and vibrant neighborhoods with well-crafted homes, soaring tree canopies, red-brick streets, and scenic hillsides. But nearly all suffer from some degree of disinvestment and poor upkeep—a vicious cycle that lowers the value of entire blocks and discourages new investment.
The JRC is working with a wide range of community partners to break this cycle of disinvestment by giving residents the confidence and encouragement to invest time, energy and resources in their homes and neighborhoods. Through projects, educational programs, and policy support, the JRC aims to:
- Support targeted reinvestment in the city’s housing stock
- Promote beautification through gardening and landscaping
- Explore productive new uses for vacant land
- Improve systems for managing vacant and abandoned property
- Encourage proactive and engaged neighborhoods
Recommendations from Jamestown’s Neighborhood Revitalization Plan guide these efforts.